A Guide to Local SEO in 2024: How to Improve Your Local Ranking
Are you looking to beat your local SEO competition and grow your rankings locally? If yes, this comprehensive guide is for you. In this blog, you will get a complete overview of all the crucial elements you should keep an eye on in order to maximize your local SEO performance. Here’s how to leverage local SEO -
Optimise for Google My Business
Optimizing your Google Business profile is the easiest thing you can do to improve your business’s visibility in local search results. As Google verifies and shares its own content, GMB is a great tool to help your business meet Google’s requirements. In order to optimize your Google
My Business profile -
- My Business profile - Claim and verify your business.
- Use high-quality pictures of your business, products, and services to your GMB listing.
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews.
- Monitor your GMB reviews.
- Use relevant keywords in your GMB profile.
- Keep the GMB information up-to-date.
Create local content
Google gets smarter with each day passing. What this means is, content creators are supposed to write more for readers and less to satisfy search engines. Further, writing about local or industry news to capture the attention of local audiences is more important than writing generic content.
Think of the content that goes beyond your products and services. Promote local industry news, employees, or other informative content on your blog.
Create and optimize local content
Local SEO requires content creation that meets the needs of the local audience. It could be blog posts, images, videos, webinars, infographics, etc. that provide value to the target audience. Furthermore, make sure that the content is well-optimized for local SEO. There should be relevant local keywords, backlinks, and local-specific phrases in the content. If done correctly, it will help improve your rankings on local SERPs.
Engage on social media
Google considers social media content more important now than ever before. Thus, once you have created a GMB page, share it on social media channels.
Perform a local SEO audit
SEO is an ongoing process. Thus, rather than stopping or making changes and checking what works, it’s better to perform an audit and see where your website stands. A local SEO audit includes -
- GMB Audit: How does your GMB appear in the SERPs? Is the information right or need changes?
- Google Search Console Audit: Is your website crawlable? Are there any errors that would affect indexing?
- On-page SEO Audit: Does your website has all the on-page SEO elements that will help improve ranking?
- Competitor analysis: How well does your website match up with your competition?
- Website audit: How well is your website performing?
You can look for a good digital marketing agency in Chandigarh that delivers technical SEO audit services tailored to your needs. The best thing about working with a digital marketing company is you have experts on your side who can guide you improve your SEO efforts.
Optimize the URL, Headers, Title tags, Meta descriptions, and Content
Whenever you write a piece of content, you need to optimize it for search engines. This means you should add high-volume keywords in the URL, header, title, meta description, and body. However, sometimes it gets difficult to come up in the SERP with geo-targeted content. In that case, you can highlight case studies or customer stories.
Build local citations and links
Links and citations are an important part of local SEO. Links are references from other websites to yours. These help improve your site’s SEO rankings and ultimately make your business more visible. Citations, on the other hand, mention your NAP (name, address, and phone number) on other websites, which helps improve your local SEO rankings.
Here is how to build local links and citations-
- Get listed in online directories, like Yelp, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Partner with local organizations, like sports teams or charities, etc.
- Participate in local community conversations. Talk positively to or about others in your industry. This way, the buzz around you and your business grows in the form of social media growth or media news.
- Reach out to local bloggers and encourage them to write about your business.
Track your results
Now that you have worked hard to improve your local SEO, it’s time to track and measure the results-
- Monitor your website rankings.
- Analyze your on-page content.
- Keep an eye on the local search traffic coming to your website.
- Optimize the content regularly.
Optimizing your website for local SEO is essential, especially for small businesses looking to attract customers in a specific area. Local SEO will help your audience find you easily when they search online. Hopefully, this blog will be helpful in your journey to boost your local SEO results and improve your business’s visibility.